PTI Certification for Field Personnel is valid for 4 (four)
years and can be renewed every 4 (four) years as outlined in the
- Four years after the original certification, PTI certification can be extended for additional 4 years by passing an online exam. The request for renewal must be obtained by PTI within 3 month before (for renewal) and 3 months after (for reinstatement) the certification expiration date that
is shown on the certification card. NO Exceptions will be granted for late renewals. Early renewal might be acceptable under some circumstances.
- If the certification renewal is not requested within the period of time under Item 1 the renewal is no longer available. An attendance of another certification workshop will be necessary to get certified again.
- Eight years after the original certification and in subsequent 4 year increments, PTI certification can be extended for additional 4 years by passing an online exam and by completing an online Certification Renewal Webinar. In addition, Level 2 certifications require a Work Affidavit certifying
additional continuing PT work experience since the last certification renewal of at least 25% of the requirements for the initial certification. If the continuing PT work experience is not documented the renewal will only be for Level 1 until such continuing PT work experience is obtained.
- The new renewal requirements will be announced during all certification workshops and apply fully to all new certifications after September 1, 2014.
- The new renewal requirements will be announced at all renewal exams and will be in force at the next renewal; if the candidate is taking the first or any subsequent renewal exam it will be fully applicable to the next renewal.
PTI offers training and certification workshops for field
personnel shown to comply with requirements of IBC, ACI 318, and ACI
301. Proper training and education of personnel involved in
post-tensioning (PT) field operations—installers, inspectors,
engineers, and others—are vital to ensuring the performance,
serviceability, durability, and safety of PT concrete construction.
Please refer to the workshop descriptions for certification
requirements and detailed flyers below outlining important course
information and pricing.