2023 Call for Entries is Open
The Post-Tensioning Institute is announcing a Call for Entries for its 2023 PTI Project Awards which honors exceptional post-tensioning structures from around the world. Projects are recognized for the degree of innovation, complexity, cost-effectiveness, functionality, constructability, and aesthetics, while embracing the use of Post-Tensioning as the primary structural reinforcing system.
Recently completed and nominated post-tensioning projects are juried by an independent panel of industry professionals for first place, “Award of Excellence” and second place, “Award of Merrit” category awards. Only one project will stand out by receiving the overall Project of Year Award on Monday evening during the PTI Post-Tensioning Convention.
Submission deadline is Monday, October 31, 2022.
To be considered for the PTI Project Awards:
- The nominated project must utilize post-tensioning as the primary structural reinforcing system.
- The nominated project must have been fully constructed or rehabilitated within 60 months (5 years) of the submission deadline.
- The nominated project may be submitted by either the owner, architect, engineer, contractor, or post-tensioning supplier.
Nominations are accepted in the following categories:
- Buildings: Multi-story concrete structures utilizing unbonded post-tensioning, multistrand post-tensioning, or a combination of both, as the primary structural reinforcing system.
- Parking Structures: Multi-story above or below grade concrete parking structures utilizing unbonded post-tensioning, multistrand post-tensioning, or a combination of both, as the primary structural reinforcing system.
- Bridges: Bridge structures utilizing internal or external, post-tensioning and/or stay cable systems.
- Slab-On-Ground: Concrete slabs-on-ground utilizing unbonded post-tensioning, multistrand post-tensioning, or a combination of both, as the primary structural reinforcing system.
- Repair, Rehabilitation, & Strengthening: Repair, rehabilitation or strengthening of existing post-tensioned structures, or the use of unbonded post-tensioning, multistrand post-tensioning, or a combination of both to repair, rehabilitate or strengthen an existing structure to extend the useful service life, structural capacity, or functionality of the structure.
- Industrial or Special Application: The use of unbonded post-tensioning, multistrand post-tensioning, rock/soil anchors, or combinations to reinforce, retain, move, or otherwise positively impact a project.
- Only online nomination form will be accepted for each project.
- Entry must highlight a fully constructed or rehabilitated project which was completed within 60 months (5 years) of the submission deadline.
- Entry must highlight the use of post-tensioning as a principal structural element.
- Entry must demonstrate creativity and innovation in the application of post-tension technology.
- A project can only be nominated in one category.
- Applicant must provide basic project information such as owner, location, square footage, cost, and timeline.
- Entry must list all the project participants.
- A minimum of ten photos are required per nomination. Nominations are encouraged to include a 90-second video of the project which can include a time lapse of construction. No animations will be accepted. The application/installation of post-tensioning and construction should be featured in some of the photos.
Judging is conducted by a panel of qualified post-tensioning professionals with technical expertise in each award category, as well as domestic and international project experience. Nominated projects will be judged on the following:
- Innovative construction techniques or solutions
- Innovative use of materials
- Architectural merit
- Engineering merit
Provide a detailed project description in 300 words or fewer. This information will be judged and used in program and communication materials.
IMPORTANT:the information you provide will be published as entered. PTI is not responsible for errors and omissions made by the project’s representatives.
Provide a 500-word (or fewer) description of how post-tensioning was featured in the project. It should also cover the complexity and uniqueness of the project and might include information such as:
- Unique features of post-tensioning
- Degree of difficulty
- Project challenges
- Problem solving
- Ecological and environmental factors
Submitters of winning projects will be notified by email. Submitters of winning projects will have the opportunity to receive the award in person on Monday, May 1, 2023, during the PTI Post-Tensioning Convention Awards Ceremony and Dinner. Submitters of winning projects are not required to attend the Awards Ceremony. Award winning projects will gain significant coverage coordinated by PTI press releases, social media, e-mail marketing, PTI JOURNAL case studies, multimedia content, etc.
|| 1 Entry
|| 2 Entries
|| 3 Entries
|| 4 Entries
Interested in submitting a project? Contact Paulina Barbone at Paulina.Barbone@post-tensioning.org for application details