The PTI Project Awards is a competition recognizing excellence in post-tensioning applications around the world. Owners, architects, engineers, contractors, and post-tensioning suppliers submit projects that use post-tensioning as a structural component in the following six categories:
- Industrial/Special Applications;
- Parking Structures;
- Repair, Rehabilitation and Strengthening; and
Entries are judged based on creativity, innovation, ingenuity, cost-effectiveness, functionality, constructability, and aesthetics. PTI presents an “Award of Excellence” followed by one or two “Awards of Merit” in each category. The “Project of the Year”, PTI’s most prestigious award, is awarded to one stand-out entry that exceeds the awards criteria.
The 2021 Project Awards will be awarded during the virtual 2021 PTI Convention April 19-23, 2021.
Eligibility: Submitters may put forth for award consideration any structure that uses post-tensioning as a structural component, that was constructed or rehabilitated in 2013 or later, and that was not entered by any contributing firm into the 2019 PTI Project Awards cycle (click here to view a list of submitted projects in 2019). Entries may be submitted by the owner, architect, engineer, contractor, or post-tensioning supplier.
Projects that are not 100% completed may be entered, but the post-tensioning structural component of the project MUST be complete at the time of final submission.
How to Enter
Step 1: Register to Participate by February 6, 2021
Decide how many entries you would like to submit, and purchase the appropriate number of entries, below. Some submitters put forth more than one project to be considered for an award; some submitters wish to enter the same project into multiple award categories. Both scenarios require you to purchase more than one entry.
Click to purchase entries
|# of Projects to be Submitted
Step 2: Complete the Online Submission Process by February 11, 2021
Once we receive your paid order, PTI will e-mail you a link/password to access the online submission platform. You will be able to start your submission, save it, and go back to revise it as many times as you need before you finalize your submission. Your finalized submission must be completed no later than February 11, 2021, 11:59 p.m. (eastern time).
You are required to submit the following items for your award entry:
- Basic project information such as owner, location, and contributing firms (architect, engineer, contractor, post-tensioning supplier, etc.)
- Specific project details such as square footage, cost, and timeline
- Brief summary of the use and advantages of post-tensioning in the project (around 200 words)
- Brief summary of the overall project (around 300 words)
- Full description of the project with regards to aspects of creativity, innovation, ingenuity, cost-effectiveness, functionality, constructability, and aesthetics that enable this project to stand out (more than 500 words is typical)
- At least five (5), but no more than 25 high-resolution electronic images of the project; photos should include a mix of both vertical and horizontal orientations of the construction phase, as well as the completed project
Preview Submission Entry Questions
Please note: All summaries and descriptions will be submitted in text format (often copy/paste) into the online submission form. There is no need to format your summaries into a "marketing-like" PDF document.
Step 3: Winners
Submitters of winning projects will be notified by e-mail on or around March 15, 2021. Submitters of winning projects will be given the opportunity to receive the award on April 19, 2021 during the PTI Convention Awards Ceremony. Award-winning projects will gain significant coverage coordinated by PTI by press release, social media, e-mail marketing, PTI JOURNAL multimedia content, etc.
Submitters of winning projects need not be present at the Awards Ceremony in April.
Contact Sara Steptoe-Campbell, PTI Director of Marketing, Membership, & Events
Congratulations to the 2019 PTI Project Awards Winners!
Watch the video below to view the winners: