2021 PTI Project Awards
2021 cycle closes December 31, 2020
The PTI Project Awards is a competition recognizing excellence in post-tensioning applications around the world. Owners, architects, engineers, contractors, and post-tensioning suppliers submit projects that use post-tensioning as a structural component in the following six categories:
- Industrial/Special Applications;
- Parking Structures;
- Repair, Rehabilitation and Strengthening; and
Entries are judged based on creativity, innovation, ingenuity, cost-effectiveness, functionality, constructability, and aesthetics. PTI presents an “Award of Excellence” followed by one or two “Awards of Merit” in each category. The “Project of the Year”, PTI’s most prestigious award, is awarded to one stand-out entry that exceeds the awards criteria.
The 2021 Project Awards will be awarded during the 2021 PTI Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana, April 18-21, 2021.
Eligibility: Submitters may put forth for award consideration any structure that uses post-tensioning as a structural component, that was constructed or rehabilitated in 2013 or later, and that was not entered by any contributing firm into the 2019 PTI Project Awards cycle (ask us if you are unsure). Entries may be submitted by the owner, architect, engineer, contractor, or post-tensioning supplier. Projects that are not 100% completed may be entered, but the post-tensioning structural component of the project MUST be complete at the time of final submission.
How to Enter
Step 1: Purchase Entries
Decide how many entries you would like to submit, and purchase the appropriate number of entries, below. Some submitters put forth more than one project to be considered for an award; some submitters wish to enter the same project into multiple award categories. Both scenarios require you to purchase more than one entry.
Step 2: Complete the Online Submission Process by December 31, 2020
Once we receive your paid order, PTI will e-mail you a link/password to access the online submission platform. You will be able to start your submission, save it, and go back to revise it as many times as you need before you finalize your submission. Your finalized submission must be completed no later than December 31, 2020, 11:59 p.m. (eastern time).
You are required to submit the following items for your award entry:
- Basic project information such as owner, location, and contributing firms (architect, engineer, contractor, post-tensioning supplier, etc.)
- Specific project details such as square footage, cost, and timeline
- Brief summary of the use and advantages of post-tensioning in the project
- Brief summary of the overall project
- Full description of the project with regards to aspects of creativity, innovation, ingenuity, cost-effectiveness, functionality, constructability, and aesthetics that enable this project to stand out
- At least five (5), but no more than 25 high-resolution electronic images of the project; photos should include a mix of both vertical and horizontal orientations of the construction phase, as well as the completed project
Step 3: Winners
Submitters of winning projects will be notified by e-mail on or around March 1, 2021. Submitters of winning projects will be given the opportunity to receive the award in person on April 19, 2021 during the PTI Convention Awards Ceremony & Dinner. Award-winning projects will gain significant coverage coordinated by PTI by press release, social media, e-mail marketing, PTI JOURNAL multimedia content, etc.
Contact Sara Steptoe-Campbell, PTI Marketing Manager
Congratulations to the 2019 PTI Project Awards Winners!
Watch the video below to view the winners: