The PTI Board of Directors worked with an industry consultant to develop a strategic plan for the Institute. The principal goals and objectives of the plan are as follows:
PTI will advance its world-class certification programs, identifying opportunities to expand or enhance them and increase participation.
- PTI will maintain and promote the adoption of the PTI program "Certification of Plants Producing Unbonded Single Strand Tendons
- PTI will provide industry leading Field Personnel Certification programs
PTI will provide the design and construction community along with PTI Members with outstanding technical leadership and expertise.
- PTI will produce and disseminate technical information
- PTI will ensure the post-tensioning industry is represented properly in related groups/events/outlets
- PTI will seek out and invest in research opportunities for funding that advance the knowledge of post-tensioning
- PTI will provide a forum for the industry to be the leading source of information for the post-tensioning industry
PTI will work to grow membership, increase membership participation, and enhance the value proposition for all members.
- PTI will analyze and update its current membership structure
- PTI will grow membership
- PTI will increase engagement with members
PTI will positively impact the post-tensioning industry through marketing and promotion efforts.
- PTI will add to the PTI staff by hiring a capable and technically-oriented individual whose focus will be executing PTI's promotional vision
- PTI will develop a PTI Certificate program based on completion of prescribed PTI course work in areas such as building design, geotechnical, and repair
- PTI will re-work existing targeted marketing messages for different key audiences
- PTI will communicate with the engineer/design and architect audiences about the benefits of post-tensioning and change any existing negative perceptions
- PTI will communicate with the contractor audience about the benefits of post-tensioning
- PTI will promote the use of post-tensioning and increased participation in the industry to students and educators
PTI will provide the resources educators and students need to teach and/or pursue a career in the post-tensioning industry.
- PTI will engage educators at the undergraduate, graduate, and junior college level to grow educator membership and participation
- PTI will engage students in appropriate programs of study at the undergraduate, graduate, and junior college level to grow student membership and participation
- PTI will invest in research projects at the university level that advance the knowledge of post-tensioning