PTI Policy for Renewal of Field Personnel Certification
PTI Certification for Field Personnel is valid for 4 (four) years and can be renewed every 4 (four) years as outlined in the following provisions.
- Four years after the original certification, PTI certification can be extended for additional 4 years by passing an online exam. The request for renewal must be obtained by PTI within 3 month before (for renewal) and 3 months after (for reinstatement) the certification expiration date that is shown on the certification card. NO Exceptions will be granted for late renewals. Early renewal might be acceptable under some circumstances.
- If the certification renewal is not requested within the period of time under Item 1 the renewal is no longer available. An attendance of another certification workshop will be necessary to get certified again.
- Eight years after the original certification and in subsequent 4 year increments, PTI certification can be extended for additional 4 years by passing an online exam and by completing an online Certification Renewal Webinar. In addition, Level 2 certifications require a Work Affidavit certifying additional continuing PT work experience since the last certification renewal of at least 25% of the requirements for the initial certification. If the continuing PT work experience is not documented the renewal will only be for Level 1 until such continuing PT work experience is obtained.
- The new renewal requirements will be announced during all certification workshops and apply fully to all new certifications after September 1, 2014.
- The new renewal requirements will be announced at all renewal exams and will be in force at the next renewal; if the candidate is taking the first or any subsequent renewal exam it will be fully applicable to the next renewal.
PTI offers training and certification workshops for field personnel shown to comply with requirements of IBC, ACI 318, and ACI 301. Proper training and education of personnel involved in post-tensioning (PT) field operations—installers, inspectors, engineers, and others—are vital to ensuring the performance, serviceability, durability, and safety of PT concrete construction. Please refer to the workshop descriptions for certification requirements and important course information and pricing.
Table of Contents
Please note: The renewal exam is not available for immediate download. Payment will be processed and you will receive a link to the exam within 2 business days.
Printed / Hard Copy Products: If your order is damaged, defective, or incorrect, we acccept its return without question within 30 days of purchase. Returns shipped COD are not accepted. University bookstores and other resellers must receive authorization from PTI to return books in resaleable condition. Authorized returns in resaleable condition are subject to 15% restocking fee.
Electronic /Downloaded Products & Online Learning Courses: These items are not eligible for return.